Live, Learn, Teach Yoga
“Vidyaam Dadaati Vinayam” – Knowledge begets Humility
Learn from the wellspring of ancient wisdom; delve into the time tested practices of Yoga that have been applied to modern times. Receive a Yoga education that will broaden your horizon and nurture you.
Get to know yourself and expand your awareness through holistic Yoga.
Use the knowledge you gain to teach and benefit others by guiding them in their Yogic practice.
Highlights of the course
- A well-designed program to experience Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga.
- 12 months (November 2018 – October 2019) : 2 weekends a month (four days: 8.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) of intensive instruction, theory, and practice.
- Practical Training is a mandatory part of the program with hands-on experience for 100 hours, facilitated by highly experienced teachers.
- The program is conducted at ADY, in an ashram setting, so students will be immersed in a rich culture of learning, practice, and service.
- Workshops and sessions organized with experts in allied health sciences to correlate the benefits and applications of Yoga.
Visit the Munger ashram at the culmination of the program.
The faculty includes teachers who have lived Yoga as a lifestyle under the guidance of the Guru in an ashram environment. These teachers have the ability and experience to convey the wisdom of Yoga in a simple and interesting manner.
Students will learn, practice and assimilate various aspects of the art, science and lifestyle that is Yoga.
A brief overview of the curriculum :
- The techniques of asana, pranayama, mudra and bandha.
- Shatkarmas – practical, cleansing procedures perfected by BSY.
- The rich history and tradition of Yoga which occupies a unique place in the six ancient Darshanas (philosophies) of India.
- Meditation techniques that address deeper aspects of the human psyche.
- Yogic understanding of the human anatomy, physiology and psychology, with yogic parallels of the panch koshas, nadis, chakras, shariras.
- Advanced relaxed techniques such as a deep, multi-level Shavasana, various stages of Yoga Nidra as formulated by Swami Satyananda.
- Training to design complete classes for individuals and groups, and introduce various practices in a systematic and thorough manner.
- Jnana Yoga – Upanishad, and text on Bhakti Yoga.
- Research and presentation on various topics in Yoga.
- A comprehensive reading list of scriptures and reference texts.