Yoga Teachers Training Course
LIVE, LEARN, TEACH YOGA
Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati’s message for teachers
“Just teaching is not enough, along with teaching one has to add the components of affection for the students, the ability to understand their needs and the dedication to help them as much as possible. Therefore, teachers should know the needs, aspirations, strengths and limitations of every student, because without really understanding these it is not possible to teach yoga.
If teachers feel compelled to teach something, then the effect, the benefit or even the mental projection of the teachers, will not be positive and that will affect the students. If the teachers, however enjoy what they are doing and give out positive emanations then the students will be able to understand and perceive more than the practise. The attitude of the teacher is important.”
Atma Darshan Yogashram offers a 12 month Yoga Teachers Training Program, commencing on 11th October 2016. The course will be conducted by faculty who have lived Yoga as a lifestyle under the guidance of the Guru in an ashram environment. These teachers have the ability and experience of delivering the wisdom of Yoga in a simple and interesting manner.
Participants will learn, practice and assimilate various aspects of the art, science and lifestyle that is Yoga.
Highlights of the Teachers Training Course
- 12 month program from October 2016 – September 2017 comprising intensive instruction in theory and practice for 4 days per month. For the rest of the month, participants will be given assignments to work on.
- An internship with experienced teachers, to practically apply the philosophical and theoretical aspects in a classroom setting.
- A comprehensive program for a multidimensional experience of Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga.
- The program will be conducted in an ashram setting, giving the students the opportunity to immerse themselves in a rich culture of learning, practice and service.
- Workshops and sessions with specialists in associated fields such as health sciences to co-relate the benefits and applications of Yoga.
- The program will conclude with a visit to Munger and Rikhia ashrams.
The course will cover the following areas:
- The rich history and tradition of Yoga which occupies a unique place in the six ancient Darshanas of India.
- The techniques of asana, pranayama, mudra and bandha.
- Meditation techniques that address deeper aspects of the human psyche.
- Shatkarmas – practical cleansing procedures that have been perfected by BSY.
- Yogic understanding of the human anatomy, physiology and psychology, with yogic parallels of the panchkoshas, nadis, chakras, shariras.
- Relaxation techniques such as a deep, multi-level Shavasana, various stages of Yoga Nidra as formulated by Swami Satyananda, after a detailed study of ancient Tantric practices.
- An essential component in the process of training, is not only to teach, but to become good teachers, by being open to one’s own shortcomings , acknowledging them and allowing oneself to be nourished, strengthened and transformed through the process of the course itself.
- The course gives participants the opportunity to delve deeper within and effect a personal transformation. Participants will have the opportunity of availing personal counselling if required.
- At the end of the course, participants will be able to design a complete class for individuals, groups and companies, based on their needs. During the program, they will learn how to begin a class and to introduce various practices in a systematic and thorough manner.
- Participants will be required to research various topics in Yoga and present them, enabling a meaningful discussion in the class room.
- A comprehensive reading list of scriptures and reference texts will be provided so that there is all round development and a firm grounding in the subject.
Participants must be 18 years or older to apply. Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Ability to read Devanagiri script is desirable.
How to apply
Pick up registration form from the Atma Darshan Yogashram office or email email@example.com for the form.